Tuesday, June 9, 2009

DEAD PS3.....

My current PS3 is a gift from my brother. Dated back at Oct 2007, its 20 months since I first turn it on.

April 30 2009, After playing game for 30 minutes, I turn it off for a break and head for my dinner. Soon after I'm home, I power it back on and found out the disc reading sign wont goes off. Darn! must have been something wrong with the lens. Spend whole night trying various ways to revive it but no luck. So i spend the night surfing the net for a cure. Some forum member intro me to a guy call Bernard whom able to change PS3 lens within an hour. I guess it might have been a normal issue for a broken lens since the PS3 is aging a bit already. Paid RM330 for a month warranty lens. All the while it was working fine. Last night, I powered it on and was playing Metal Gear Solid 4, I got shot and died in the game. That was the last time my PS3 loads anything from the disc. Damn, its not reading the media again. And I've just got it change for 5 damn weeks. Heart broken I immediately bring it to Bernard to have a look. He says confirm Dead. I affirm him that I seldom play as I was always busy with my work and life, he offered me to change another lens for a cheaper price but i rejected. As I don't want to change lens for every month. If so buying a new unit would have been a better choice. Bernard then call up the supplier and nego on it. He says he will try to send back to claim for me, I have already prepared for the worse. Just let it be. Anyhow, its still playable on PSN games. But not anymore blu-ray for now. I don't think I would want to change another lens for it as I've google through the net and found out that the single lens kit is actually already out of production for 2 years nearly. Thats why the price is shooting up yet most of them refurbish unit so I wouldn't want to take another risk perhaps a new white unit is my next aim :)


What I could not let go of this unit is the memory card reader which is quite useful for me to transfer picture taken from camera direct into the PS3 rather then through another PC before I could transfer it over. So as the Backward compatible with PS2 title which I would sometimes still play especially the Final Fantasy X. **NOTE its only playable for ORIGINAL DISC.

No comments: