Friday, March 27, 2009

Climbing Mt Kinabalu (Part 2) ... 15 Feb 2009

We woke up as early as 1.30am in the morning to prepare for our 2nd day trip, towards the Low's Peak! Rules has been tighten with in the climbing procedure it due to the mishap that happen during 2001, where by if we can't reach the peak by a certain time we are not allow to continue our journey and have to return as a safety precautions. In order for us to make sure that we are able to make it on time, so we wake up early!.

Last night was quite a worrying night for me as my dear was not feeling well. She can be very weak when she isnt feeling well. But i know she want to reach the top with me .. Badly. She was not really feeling well when she wake up as she didn't sleep well last night as well. Luckily after she had a hot drink, she felt recharged.
My dear with her thumbs up! Telling me, we gonna make it to the peak! TOGETHER!

The journey was a long and slow one. The peak is 2.7km from Laban Rata but most of the track were very steep. We started our journey at 2.45am. Today, my dear has better stamina then me, due to the air is getting thinner and thinner at these heights. I was dragging my dear because the air was to thin for me. Anyhow after 4 hours, we finally reach the peak by 6.30am. slightly miss the sunrise. Suppose to be at 6.15am .. around that. Anyhow we manage to capture it but not that nice.
This is the South Peak which we can see it on our Malaysian 1 Ringgit note.
My Dear and me with the sunrise behind us :D

All 4 of us are able to make it to the peak!
Wind says, Everyone wants to capture a picture of the signboard but we dont even know what is it about :P
Dear and me posting on the signboard. 4095.2 M above sea level !
I've made it!
St John's Peak behind my dear and me :D
My dear feeling tired..
There is still a long way to the bottom ... 8.7 km away ..
Sweet moments :D
The donkey's ears peak.
The way down ... the rope as a guide ..
Feeling tired but still showing me the Victory sign!
Nice view from the top.
Some danger spot.
So long Mt Kinabalu! We enjoyed the trip a lot :D

No comments: