Sunday, March 16, 2008

Last few days in Jakarta

I remember i first step into Jakarta was on 25 Sept 2006. Maybank Jakarta was my 2nd project for my company and my first in Jakarta. Before i agree to step in to Jakarta, my senior promised me that he would bring me back to KL after 3 months, and he kept his promise.

18 June 2007, I agree to another senior that i would lend a helping hand to him as Bank Bumiputera in Jakarta were to start development using SQL2005. To me, this is a whole new oppurtunity for me to strenghten my programming especially in SQL and widen my knowledge through Microsoft SQL2005.

Early January this year, I was approach by a headhunter from another company. He offered me a very well paid salary compare to my current company. I rejected his offer at first because I didn't want to leave my undone job to others. After a few talks and negotiation, i've figure out that there is a brighter future in the new company. By then, I've decided to leave, but my decision was to leave only after my current project went live. I told this to one of my good friend in my current project. She advice me that if I'm to leave my current company, I should leave earlier as my senior can seek for someone to replace my current position. After 1 months ++ analysing the situation, I've decide that i have to move on.

My decision to resign from my current company wasn't an easy one. When I first come to Jakarta for this project, I know that it will take me sometime before i can be located back to KL. Life is so lame and routine here. First two months here was no doubt the worse ever in my life due to the boredness of staying here. Things started to turn better when more colleagues come to join me from Malaysia. With this bunch of colleague, we have our laughter, this really helps a lot in reducing the boredness when Im in Jakarta. We even orgarnise trip to make our life happier here in Jakarta. I've went to Bandung, rafting, puncak, safari and pulau putri with this bunch of colleagues.

When i send off my resignation letter, everyone was very shock. No one has expected me to leave as they thought that I was always happy here. I must admit there are a lot of sweet and happy memories that i've obtain from here. Thanks to everyone, they meant a lot to me. :)

Now, its almost time for me to says goodbye with them. I wont be working with them anymore, we wont be laughing during lunch time together anymore. We wont be spending the weekend playing badminton together anymore. I've never know leaving a company would be so hard, especially when all ur colleagues stay together with me and work together as a team. The feeling is like leaving a family behind.

All i could says is, its hard for me to leave you all behind. Anyhow, Thank you all for everything! and all the best to you guys! I will keep these happy memories with me all the time. Thank you Again.. :)

No comments: