Sunday, December 23, 2007

冬至..

Every year, Chinese people will celebrate what we call "冬至". I don't know what we call it in English. I remember asking Dad what does the celebration means, if i remember correctly, he told me was to celebrate the end of winter. In other words, we are entering a new year.
"汤圆" is the most important food for this celebration. "汤圆" is actually made of flour, I dont really know how to differenciate which kind of flour do we need to use, but then I'm not the person who is incharge of purchasing all those goods for the celebration, so i didnt bother much about it.
Tonight, some of my colleagues will be gathering at my house at 7pm Jakarta time for the dinner. Choon Ho, Jay and me will be incharge of making the "汤圆". Some other colleagues will be cooking fried Bihun , Curry Chicken, and Mix vegetables for tonight's dinner.

Choon Ho started preparing the flour for making the "汤圆". Meanwhile Jay is preparing the ingrediate for the "汤圆" and I'm preparing the ingrediate for the soup. To make the "汤圆" looks better, we also added some colouring to it. Green and Red.
After the flour mixed with water and some colouring, looks nice rite? to be honest, this is the first time I'm cooking something other than instant mee. LoLz.The 3 new Chef preparing the "汤圆". As you can see, Green was prepared by Jay, White by Choon Ho, and Pink by me! Well, its not done yet, just half way of the process only.Well, now its almost complete, you can see those "汤圆" being made into tiny balls so that it could be cook together with the soup. Colourful right? but this is also the first time I ever seen green colour "汤圆". Thought wanna mix red + green together but then we are short of time to do that, too bad.
The "汤圆" are ready to be cook. The picture only show part of it, actually we still have plenty of it. Its a bit too much actually.

Here you go, a pot full of "汤圆". We plan for 11 person but seems too much. Everyone have to eat 2 bowls in order to finish this pot of "汤圆". We are actually quite proud of the "汤圆" as 3 of us were cooking it for the first time yet it taste quite nice. LoLz. (Praising ourselves.. haha). Well, at least we celebrated the event meaningfully~! :)
I really enjoyed the night... Thanks friends...

No comments: