Monday, December 17, 2007

My need for Speed..

Its 2.18Am in the morning (Jakarta Time), I was suppose to be sleeping. But something in my mind just kept me awake... So i'm here in front of my laptop writing this little thing about "my need for speed".

I started driving at the age of 14, illegaly of coz, but legal in my family. My first car looks like the junk below. Its a 4th Generation Mazda 323 hatchback version. It has a 1.3L (1272cc) engine, but only 4 Gears, a rear wheel driven car with a front mounted engine. A quick search from the internet tells me that this little junk only produce 60bhp. Thou having such small amount of bhp, I still remember i was able to hit the max speed on the speedo meter on this junk.. That is way up to 160km/h... Naughty me. That was when i'm 17 years old. I drove faster then my cousin's Proton Wira 1.5 .. As I'm from Sabah, most of us (Sabahan) doesnt have a bike license. Due to my family aint rich, Dad and mum doesnt have a choice, the got me a tiny bike for me to ride to college when im studing in KL. But as I need to fulfill my need of speed, i secretly change my tiny bike to a mid size one. Its call the Yamaha TZM 150. It has only 147cc but a 2 stroke engine able to produce around 30bhp for such a tiny engine. Engine can reverb all the way up to 11,000 rpm.

I remember speeding this thing up to 200km/h. I was lucky enough to be alive today. Thank God. :). I said i was lucky enough because when i bring this thing all the way up to 200km/h, i blown my engine, Lucky me i was engaging the clutch that time as i tried to push more power to it. Engaging the clutch saves my life as the engine disengage from the gear totally thus didnt bring the bike to a complete stop when i was on 200km/h... :) Thank God.

My lovely bike was sold off on Jan 2006, because i need down payment for my prince.

My prince come along my life on Jan 2006. My dream car since i was 17. my affordable dream car of coz. It has a 1.8L DOHC engine (1834cc), able to produce 138bhp and a whooping 16.4kg/m Torque. :). To be honest i used to speed with it. The max speed i tried before was 205km/h around that figure, but then i doesnt have to guts to pedal more thus i slow down. It is really a beast!

Dad and Mum always complaints that i drive dangerously fast, i've been ignoring it for the past 10 years .. Brother also always worry that when i drive fast, yet he know i love to drive fast. LoLz. But lately i force myself to promise myself to drive safely from now onwards (Dont ask me why :) ) . I just feel that, may be its time for me to slow down. Life isnt only about speed. If you are able to get from Point A to Point B faster then others doesnt mean that you are great, but able to bring someone from Point A to Point B safely that is. :)
Life is short, precious Life, yet dont regret what you ever did in your life !

No comments: